It’s a sad fact that there is considerable evidence that bees and other pollinator populations are in serious decline. If action is not taken, there will be serious implications for food production and on the aesthetics and quality of your garden, since many plants rely on bees and other insects, to transfer pollen from one flower to another in order to set fruits and seeds.
It is another sad fact that the high majority of our targeted customers do not receive encouraging positive approaches to promote a fresh start and reintegration into the community. Society has constructed barriers that make it harder for our clients to resume a normal life. In many aspects the fact is a criminal record is often the basis for a second, civil punishment. These consequences happen after the criminal case is over. Barriers to securing a job, accommodation and other issues are caused because of something criminal in your past, even your distant past. In effect, it is the punishment that keeps punishing.
- A third of all the plants we eat have been pollinated by bees.
- Honeybee colonies declined by 14.5% in England in the winter of 2014/15.
- Prison has a poor record for reducing reoffending - 45% of adults are re-convicted within one year of release.
- Re-offending by all recent ex-prisoners costs the economy between £9.5 and £13 billion a year
- Connectar Charity Aims To Deliver The Vital Courses Needed To Make Confident And Accurate Training Based On The Woodwise Training Course.
The aim of the Trust is to promote the development of disadvantaged people by addressing the barriers to resettlement in achieving their full potential, as individuals, as responsible citizens and as members of their local, national and international communities.
Our work is driven by a passionate belief that we all have a responsibility to protect honeybees, pollinators and their environment.
By harmonising our two aims we provide a link between biodiversity conservation, and training the disadvantaged resulting in their rehabilitation being compatible and mutually beneficial.
CONNECTAR TRAINING & BIODIVERSITY TRUST
Registered Charity Number 1155950
11 Bartleet Road, Washford Industrial Estate, Redditch, B98 0DQ
tel: 07743 756541